OSHA Compliance Masterclass with Special Guest Former Assistant Area Director of OSHA Tampa office, Keven Yarbrough
Where: Sunshine Safety Council
661 Beville Rd Suite 206, South Daytona, FL 32119
When: June 4-6, 2019
Time: 9:00-4:00 pm
CEUs provide: 2.1 CEUs
Early Bird Cost April 30-May 11, 2019
$900 Non-Members of Sunshine Safety Council $650 Members of Sunshine Safety Council
- 5/12-5/25 $1100 non-member and $850-Members
- Full price starting 5/26-6/3 $1,500 non-members and $1,250 for members
Limited Event Size: 20 seats ONLY
- Understand Occupational Safety and Health Administration regulations for small and medium businesses
- Determine how to locate the North American Industry Classification code
- Learn the significance of understanding the most frequently cited standard for your industry
- Discover the resources available for regulatory compliance
- Explore the anatomy of an OSHA citation
- Obtain the knowledge of how to find OSHA regulations that pertain to your industry
- Learn to forecast upcoming regulations
- Explore data and statistics related to injury and illness records
- Learn about OSHA enforcement for industries
- Explain how to survive an OSHA audit
- Understand OSHA Recordkeeping
This 3 day event is not the regular format of lecturing and videos. The attendees will have a variety of hands on workshops to learn how to think as OSHA thinks. The benefits for attending this event are as follows, but not limited to:
- Speak directly to a former OSHA area director
- Get answers to your specific safety and health questions
- Understand how to decode the Code of Federal Regulations (CFR)
- Limited class to get individual attention
Who should attend:
- Corporate Executives
- EHS professionals
- Risk Management
- Insurance Company Representatives
- Safety Officers
- Operations Managers
- Human Resource Directors
- Frontline Supervisors
Keven L. Yarbrough
Assistant Area Director
U.S. Department of Labor
Occupational Safety and Health Administration
Mr. Yarbrough was previously The Assistant Area Director in the Tampa Area Office of the Occupational Safety and Health Administration OSHA. In addition to his supervisory duties, Mr. Yarbrough provided advice and guidance to the general public to promote voluntary compliance with OSHA’s safety and health standards.
Keven Yarbrough is presently the owner and President of Yarbrough Safety Solutions Inc. Mr. Yarbrough prides himself in his ability to guide employers through the maze of OSHA regulations. Yarbrough Safety Solutions is a full service safety consulting company providing safety training, safety audits, safety program review, on site assistance during OSHA inspections and Assist employers seeking relief at Informal conferences following an inspection.
Mr. Yarbrough began his employment with the U.S Department of Labor in 1990 as an OSHA Field Compliance Officer conducting inspections of industries such as but not limited to, Construction, General Industry and Manufacturing and in the Maritime and Shipbuilding Trades. Prior to OSHA, Mr. Yarbrough was employed as the Occupational Safety and Health Specialist and Radiological Protection Officer for the U.S. Department of Army at Seneca Army Depot, Geneva NY, prior to that Mr. Yarbrough served as the Construction and Economic Development Coordinator for the City of Asbury Park, New Jersey.
Mr. Yarbrough holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Industrial Education from North Carolina Agricultural and Technical State University and a Honorary Doctorate of humane Letters from Everest University. Mr. Yarborough is also a graduate of the United States Army Material Command Safety Center where he specialized in Ammunition and Explosive Safety. He is also a graduate from the Command and General Staff College of the Army. Mr. Yarbrough is a Reserve Deputy Sheriff with the Hillsborough County Sheriffs’ Office.
Sheldon Primus is a Certified Occupational Safety Specialist with a Masters of Public Administration with a concentration in Environmental Policy. He has been in the environmental and occupational safety field since 1994. Additionally, he is a trainer for the Certified Occupational Safety Specialist program of the Alliance Safety Council-Baton Rouge, Louisiana. Sheldon is an authorized OSHA General Industry and Construction trainer for the 10 and 30-hour Outreach program.
Mr. Primus is a guest columnist for the online publications of Treatment Plant Operator (TPO) and WaterOnline. He has written article regarding regulatory compliance, operator safety, and wastewater process control. Additionally, he conducts OSHA compliance webinars for Audio Solutionz, Online Compliance Panel, Compliance Online, Compliance World, Edupliance, and Compliance Key.
Currently, Sheldon is the owner/CEO of OSHA Compliance Help and , an international safety consulting, training, and a regulatory agency compliance assistance company. He has presented safety topics at the Louisiana Governors Safety Expo, Florida Water Resource Conference, Florida Pest Management Association, and the South Florida Chapter of ASSE.
Mr. Primus served as part of the Water Environmental Federation (WEF) Water Sector Safety Committee and the US Department of Environmental Protection Agency (USEPA) taskforce on All Hazards Communication training for the Water and Wastewater Sector. Moreover, Sheldon has served as a Subject Matter Expert for Health Safety Institute and Red Vector Learning for General Industry and Construction OSHA courses.
NEOSTI Classes and Seminars:
- No refunds for cancellations received the day of class or for no-shows.
- Participant cancellations made 2 business days or more prior to the class date and time can transfer to the next offering or receive a refund less 10% of the course fee.
- For cancellations received less than 2 business days of the class date and time, only substitution of personnel will be allowed, no refunds available.
- NEOSTI reserves the right to cancel any class if there are insufficient registrations.